Death By Nostalgia On Tour!

Death By Nostalgia is on tour off and on from August 9th to August 26th. We are a Halifax-based art rock trio consisting of Matt Reid (keys & vocals), Rod Affleck (bass), and Spencer Cantley (drums). Come see us play! Check back here often to see how we're doing!

Thursday, August 11, 2005

another day in the life of the DBN monster

So it's thusday Aug. 11th. We have been on the road for two whole days. A lot has happened. We played our first show in Toronto last night at Sneaky Dee's. It was a good sized club that reminded me a lot of Stage Nine in Halifax. The bar is up 2 flights of stairs. But unlike Stage Nine it has a resturant that serves up some fine Mexican fare downstairs.The show went fairly well. Although we ended up playing last which kind of hurt us because most people left, before we even got on stage. I didn't really care for the first band that much, I found them pretty unorigional, good at what they did, just not my thing. The second band was interesting. Mitch Miller, or something like that. They were almost elavator music at times, but very origional sounding. All in all not a bad first show. We played fairly well, and I think our performances will only get better from here on in. I like Toronto, but unlike Rod and Matt I don't really know anyone who lives here, I find it weird that we have run into so many people who are from or have lived in Halifax. Although it's mostly the NSCAD connection. It seems almost everyone who goes to that school is from or has moved to Toronto. Today was spend wandering around the hot streets, in search of good food and records. We found both with amazing Pad tahi, and Vegtable rotis. I also found an amazing comic book store and picked up a few cds I was unable to find in Halifax at Rotate This. Why can't Halifax be this cool. Maybe it's time to move to a bigger city. So which is it. T.O or Montreal ?
Let me know what you think...

1 Comments:

Blogger Becka Barker said...

A ha! I thought that was Spen in disguise...

Becka

8/13/2005 02:15:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home